me: wow this is fucked up
vagina: idk it’s kinda hot :|
me: vagina no
vagina: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
"I’m sick of how bisexuality is erased in LGBT spaces. I get really nervous before any LGBT event, especially Pride. I feel incredibly sad and hopeless when gay and lesbian people call me insulting names. If gay and lesbian people don’t understand me – Continue reading Prejudice at Pride at Empathize This
This just punched me in the heart.
Anonymous said: do you maybe have any advice on what to do if you think you have depression?
Depression as a disease is tricky and depression as a word is used very loosely and sometimes inaccurately, so bear with me.
Warnings behind the cut for discussion of depression, self-harm, and suicide.
I need to add something here about “being your own advocate”. Don’t think that not being able to do this means you’re a failure. One big marker sign of depression is believing nobody would help you, that you don’t deserve help or that asking for help would put too much bother on people and you don’t want to be a burden.
The more you believe this, the more you need to reach out to someone who loves you. Just take that on faith, okay? You won’t want to do it, but just do it. You do know someone who will help you. I promise you that. Just take that one step.
Also, going to the ER might not be the best thing, especially if you’re not sure of a diagnosis. ER personnel are there for triage, not treatment; they can only do one of two things: send you home or hospitalize you. Going to the ER in a disturbed mental state should only be used as a last resort, because it in itself can be a very traumatizing experience.
Important addendum from Spider! *points up*
Favorite tv show:
Favorite music genre:
Can we talk about mundane things:
Is it okay if I fall asleep:
Are kisses allowed:
Are pants required:
When are you available for cuddles:
My place or yours:
Can we cuddle in bed or couch only:
Will you play with my hair:
okay guys i know next to nobody will reblog this but please
if a family member has ever made a “harmless” comment (what have you done to your hair/what the hell are you wearing/etc) to you about your appearance and it hurt you, please reblog this, i need to show my mum and step dad the notes.
1. push yourself to get up before the rest of the world - start with 7am, then 6am, then 5:30am. go to the nearest hill with a big coat and a scarf and watch the sun rise.
2. push yourself to fall asleep earlier - start with 11pm, then 10pm, then 9pm. wake up in the morning feeling re-energized and comfortable.
3. get into the habit of cooking yourself a beautiful breakfast. fry tomatoes and mushrooms in real butter and garlic, fry an egg, slice up a fresh avocado and squirt way too much lemon on it. sit and eat it and do nothing else.
4. stretch. start by reaching for the sky as hard as you can, then trying to touch your toes. roll your head. stretch your fingers. stretch everything.
5. buy a 1L water bottle. start with pushing yourself to drink the whole thing in a day, then try drinking it twice.
6. buy a beautiful diary and a beautiful black pen. write down everything you do, including dinner dates, appointments, assignments, coffees, what you need to do that day. no detail is too small.
7. strip your bed of your sheets and empty your underwear draw into the washing machine. put a massive scoop of scented fabric softener in there and wash. make your bed in full.
8. organise your room. fold all your clothes (and bag what you don’t want), clean your mirror, your laptop, vacuum the floor. light a beautiful candle.
9. have a luxurious shower with your favourite music playing. wash your hair, scrub your body, brush your teeth. lather your whole body in moisturiser, get familiar with the part between your toes, your inner thighs, the back of your neck.
10. push yourself to go for a walk. take your headphones, go to the beach and walk. smile at strangers walking the other way and be surprised how many smile back. bring your dog and observe the dog’s behaviour. realise you can learn from your dog.
11. message old friends with personal jokes. reminisce. suggest a catch up soon, even if you don’t follow through. push yourself to follow through.
13. think long and hard about what interests you. crime? sex? boarding school? long-forgotten romance etiquette? find a book about it and read it. there is a book about literally everything.
14. become the person you would ideally fall in love with. let cars merge into your lane when driving. pay double for parking tickets and leave a second one in the machine. stick your tongue out at babies. compliment people on their cute clothes. challenge yourself to not ridicule anyone for a whole day. then two. then a week. walk with a straight posture. look people in the eye. ask people about their story. talk to acquaintances so they become friends.
15. lie in the sunshine. daydream about the life you would lead if failure wasn’t a thing. open your eyes. take small steps to make it happen for you.
A self care list. I’ve been working on this. I promise it’s worth it.