Reblog if you’re the gay sister in the family
tbh asexual/aromantic representation is super fucking important because i didnt know what aromantacy was until about six months ago and im 18, almost 19 years old. i thought something was so fucking wrong with me. i forced myself into romantic relationships and lied to the people i cared about just to try and fix myself and ended up hurting them and ruining a lot of friendships in the process. if you dont think ace/aro representation is important then i dont have time for you.
I actually think this was one of my favorite and most powerful scenes in the show. Kate Mulgrew expertly portrayed the hurt we’ve all felt at one point or another when we were ostracized by people we wanted so desperately to be accepted by and the fact that this feeling knows no boundaries of age.
I ached for her in this scene.
hey guys, I just had a pretty cool idea. you know how next week (october 26- november 1) is asexual awareness week? it is INCREDIBLY important that everyone, asexual AND allosexual, makes it a Huge Freaking Deal. let’s make it blow up. let’s make it so that next year is asexual PRIDE, not AWARENESS.
This is really important. Everyone deserves awareness and pride in their identity! Keep this in mind next week.
It pisses me off that if I just mention a guy is cute, people will say things like “OMG we’ll help set you up with him. We can create chances so you can talk to him. If you get married, I want an invitation. He likes this sort of style so you can dress like that and impress him.”
But if I say a girl is cute/hot/attractive, People be like “Haha yeah you wish you could be her?” or “You’re pretty too” or “Yeah she’s worthy of admiration!”
You don’t get it.
She’s hot. She’s smart. I wanna fuck her if I have the chance. I wanna go down on her and make her hit high notes until she runs out of breath.
I wanna screw her so hard she can’t remember her own name.
I’m not saying she’s cute/hot/whatever because I wanna be like her. I’m fine with being me. I wanna be ON her. DO YOU FEEL ME. DO YOU.
DO YOU UNDERSTAND HOW MUCH I WANNA HOLD AND HUG AND CuDDLE THEM?
idk why introverts have a reputation of being quiet and shy people who’d rather be alone. have you ever been friends with an introvert who’s decided you’re worth their time? we turn into the clingiest, most needy pieces of shit on the planet because there’s so few people we actually can stand
That’s exactly what all the people should know.
also, we get very loud and excited with the people worthy of our time
THANK YOU. SOMEONE SAID IT. I have been trying to tell people that i’m an introvert (quite a big one) and they all go “but you’re really loud and outgoing and confident,”
1. Yes, I am loud, and weird. This only happens with people I adore and love to have as friends. That doesn’t mean I am an extrovert
2. I look outgoing. Not because I choose to be, people just like to have conversations with me WHICH I LIKE because it shows I am a likeable person and that makes me happy. Also I don’t want to talk to people all the time. I like not being the center of attention. These people that I talk with are people that are nice to me and I like them.
3. I force myself to be confident in a way to trick myself that I am confident (which I really am not)
4. And if you ask my friend Rachel, i’m the clingiest lil shit she’s ever known because she means alot to me and she does social things that I don’t want to do for me also she’s my bestfriend so lol that happened
•I will not want to go to any parties that involve lots of people
•Sleepovers are a horrible idea to me, unless I actually go to one where I enjoy myself (if it’s people I know dearly)
•Talking to shop employees is a no-no for me
•Also, if I don’t want to talk to people in general, they think i’m upset. Which i’m not. Most of the time.
So yeah I may be loud and people like me, that doesn’t mean I’m an extrovert.
- abled/neurotypical person: do this thing
- me: I cannot do that thing
- abled/neurotypical person: wtf